Railways in Luxemburg
   

Railways in Luxemburg

Station : Walferdange

station'

Information

Name (french) : Walferdange
Name (german) : Walferdingen
Name (luxemburg) : Walläfer
Traject : Luxemburg - Troisvierges - Gouvy
Date opening : 21-7-1862
Date closure : -
Remarks : -

Historical data

21-7-1862 :   Opening and build of stations building
1874 :   Build of wooden wagon shed and privat waiting room for the Dutch roya family. Prince Hendrik had his residence in Walferdange until 1890
1890 :   Placement of the wagon shed of Prince Hendrik to Colmar-Berg
1928 :   Enlargement of signalling
1965 :   Removement of passing track
1985 :   Tracks for goods transport taken away
1985 :   Lease of stations building to local community
6-1989 :   Electrification
2007 :   Stations building sold to local community
 

Foto's of station Walferdange

Click on a small foto to see a large foto.